Thursday, April 28, 2011

Then and Now: Steve's mission reunion

(above: Steve and President and Sister Martino the day he arrived in the mission home)


(above: Steve and Elder Martino)
We had the opportunity to attend Steve's mission reunion. We hadn't been to one in a really long time. Elder Martino (Steve's mission president) was in town from Guatemala and was going to be speaking for the reunion. I felt that was definitely worth going to. I really love Pres. Martino and his wife. Great people. So we went and we saw lots of old familiar faces and had a good time, actually. Ha. I kind of hate mission reunions...
So 10 years ago this year Steve left the MTC and headed to Maracaibo Venezuela. FUN FACT: the heaviest Steve has ever been was while on the mission working in the mission office. The skinniest Steve has ever been was right at the end of his mission and right when he got home. Poor guy, his digestive system has never been the same...if your husband went to South America, perhaps you know what I mean? TMI? Ha.(above: Steve and Helgeson 2001)(above: Steve and Helgeson 2011)
It was really fun to catch up with mission comps that I have met before, particularly Helgeson and his wife, whom I met RIGHT when Steve and I first started dating...he and his wife were also dating at the time. He is hilarious and I can totally see why he and Steve got along so well. (they lived together in the MTC for 2 months) FUN FACT: Helgeson's best friend growing up is Ben Banford, who married one of my best friends. Small world.
Elder Rose. FUN FACT: I went to Dixie with Elder Rose. He lived behind me with a bunch of our friends and what a small world that he came home 6 months before Steve and lived behind me? Great to see him.

**Bakers, you were missed!

No comments: