Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Inspiration/Interpretation


People! I started a project and finished it! AMAZING. Steve went out of town a couple of weeks ago and for some reason I thought it would be a great idea to make a skirt. I had a pretty simple idea and thought I would whip it out in a couple hours. No Problem. WRONG! I worked on it for an entire day and hated it and decided to start over. I decided I didn't want a zipper, then decided I had to have a zipper, and well 2.5 weeks later I finally finished it. And wore it. And it has not yet frayed or come apart at the seems. I may never wash it. We will see.
I have been seeing lots of skirts like the ones pictured above from this lovely store, anthropologie. I love the high waist, the gathered at the waist, full skirt, and I love a big bow to top it off. I can't say this is the last skirt I will ever make, BUT if I ever have to sew a zipper onto an article of clothing I might rather die. This picture is actually not the greatest...looks like it could lay a little better and the bow is a little smashed, but Steve couldn't be bothered to take more than one picture on Master's Sunday. Ugh.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

AWWWEEESSOMMMEEE!! I love it! Way to go and look how cute it is!! Now you need some daughters to dew for :)

Unknown said...

WOW! That is so cute! You are good!