Monday, July 25, 2011

Miles' Birth Story





1 year ago today, our sweet baby boy was born! I can't believe just how fast time flies. Bare with me as I relive the day he was born...

(as written in my journal 7/27/2010)

I woke up around 5:30 am with contractions. They were pretty close together, so Steve and I got our things together, packed Pedro and headed to the hospital. Owen had been (and still was) in Bear Lake with his Grandpa Scott and Grandma Cyndee. We couldn't go because I was due anyday (although my actual due date was rthe 24th.) We got admitted when we got to the hospital because I was dilated to a 4 and about 80% efaced. Dr. Barton was the doctor on call. Dr. Terry was in St. George, but flying in soon. I was a little nervous that he wouldn't be the one to deliver me. Well, labor progresses pretty slowly. Eventually, Dr. Barton broke my water and they started me on pitocen by the time I was finally to a 10, Dr. Terry was there! The day was pretty restful with just Steve and I mostly, then my mom and aunt Chayo and Uncle Chemon were there a little bit, too. I was able to take a couple of naps and drink juice throughout the day because of the epidural. When it became time to push, when Dr. Terry got there basically, things went pretty quick, I thought. Dr. Barton and Dr. Terry both delivered my baby-I thought it was impressive how they worked together. Dr. Terry was having me push and he kept saying, "It's going to be a tight squeeze." They were about to use the vaccuum to get him out (after having cut me, I believe) But Miles made it out with me pushing and Dr. Barton pushing down on my uterus. When he came out, Dr. Terry said, "Whoa! That's a big boy!" I held my beautiful Miles, and yes, he was a big boy! But I was in complete shock when they weighed him and he was 9 pounds 2 ounces! I am still surprised something so big came out of me! He looks a lot like Owen did, but chubbier, obviously. He has a big round face and really broad chubby shoulders and arms. He's got a double chin and fat on the back of his neck. I can't help but laugh-it is so cute and so funny. He even has cleavage! He was born at 5:34 pm on 7/25/2010.

Happy Happy Birthday to a sweet, loving, snuggling, energetic baby boy! We love you Miles!

2 comments:

The Blanchard Family said...

Can hardly believe it has already been 1 whole year! My how time flies. Love that cute cuddly little Miles! Happy Birthday Baby Boy!

..::k.toms::.. said...

I keep forgetting how BIG he was?!
Happy birthday Miles!!