Friday, July 1, 2011

Are they racing in my ears?


Have you seen Gnomeo and Juliet? Adorable. I love this movie for a lot of reasons, I won't go into them, but the biggest is the soundtrack. Classic Elton John (with a new song or 2 that I'm not crazy about). I love old school Elton.

Well, Owen loves it too! He makes me play "the Gnomeo song" a trillion times a day, he even knows how to find it on my phone all by himself. This particular song is actually called
"Saturday Night's alright For Fighting," and it plays while Gnomeo is racing his lawnmower against a mean guy. The first couple times we watched he would run around the house like he was racing. Pretty cute and funny how he would get excited.
Tonight after my run I came in with my headphones. We put then in his ears and turned on his song. His face lit up and he said, " are they racing in my ears?" He then asked me if I listened to his songs. I said, yes. He said, "That's ok, you can listen to my songs." He's even good at sharing music! AND he literally thinks everything is his. Today he told me I couldn't pee in HIS bathroom.
And I should mention that this kid loves music. He sings along with a lot of songs on the radio. Sometimes this is cute and funny, like when he sings, " it was not your fault, but mine. It was your heart on the line...this time, didn't I my dear? Didn't I my dear?" Or "I'm only gonna break break your break break your heart." Other times it is a reminder of how careful I need to be when listening to just any station on the radio, like when he kept singing, "I never wanna die! I never wanna die!" Or "I like it like it, come on, come on!" He picks up on everything!

No comments: