Wednesday, March 26, 2008

KITES!

Grandpa and Grandma Hanson have a tradition every year the Saturday before Easter they do kite flying and breakfast. Mind you this family is huge...I counted and there were over 50 people in attendance and not everyone was there. I loved flying kites as a kid and I was super excited to go this year, which is silly because I have a 3 month old... Any way it was way fun and WAY COLD. But fun to see all of the kids having fun...and Grandma Cyndee was a trooper out there running the kites for the kids. Here are a few pictures from the fun morning, unfortunately Owen stayed in his warm and cozy car seat the whole time. Thanks Grandpa and Grandma Hanson (with an "O")!









Maya



Owen and Grandma Hanson



I just had to post this hilarious picture of my little niece Kaycee.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

That is such a fun tradition. I LOVE that kind of stuff. Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

What a great tradition...Did you think of Amir???????HA!

Anonymous said...

It was a perfect day to fly kites. It looked like you had a really good time!!! Owen looks nice and warm in his car seat! :0)

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly~anonymous said...

What a lovely tradition and super family photos!

The Blanchard Family said...

It is funny how you get so excited about holidays and presents and all that stuff (because you have a kid) and they could care less! I love making such a big fuss about it all and Stocky's like..."where's my bottle?" or "I love the wrapping paper" It is great fun though. Sorry I didn't meet you guys at Color Me Mine, Stocky's been throwing up.

Anonymous said...

Hey, will you email me your email address? I have decided to make my blog private kamiblanchard@yahoo.com. Thank you

..::k.toms::.. said...

What a neat tradition!
Loved Lindsay's comment... I thought that EXACT same thing! Ha!