Friday, June 17, 2011

Farm Country

We took a trip to farm country back in mid-June. Although, its not really a trip, since it is in Lehi, Thanksgiving Point, that is. I had never been and I loved it! I have to say, one of the best parts of being a mom is experiencing things for the first time with your child. Owen loved it. We went with the neighborhood playgroup and had a great time.
Pictured: Jordan, Logan, Landon, Owen and Will.
The day we were there was "dairy day" and Meadow Gold was there with several different stations: some were games, like knock over the milk cans, race around the tree, and then they had booths for homemade butter and ice cream. The ice cream was SO GOOD!


Owen went on his first ever pony ride! At first he was not going to go, so I was just going to hold Mile's on the pony, but last minute Owen got the courage and decided if his buddies could do it, so could he. He loved it, he was saying "Yeehaw!" He was beaming!

There is actually a lot to do there. When I initially heard of this place I thought, "a petting zoo. That will entertain us for a good half hour." I think we were there for 2 hours and probably could have stayed longer. There is an indoor space (air conditioned) that O loved playing with tractors, tunnels, and other cool stuff.

Miles spent most of our visit chilling in the stroller and snacking. We took a wagon ride pulled by clydesdale horses, but I didn't take any photos then. That was the only time I was actually holding Miles, and I really needed all hands on deck. We sat in the very front and Miles held onto the bars and was loving it and talking to the driver.

Here is one Clydesdale. I don't remember his name, but he stuck his head out of his pen and was nuzzling me. I am not necessarily an animal "Lover" but I think horses are amazing creatures. This horse was no exception. He kept moving his head, like to say scratch me little more here, now here...

No comments: