Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Cutie and a Quilt

I have meaning to post this for quite some time. Having your second baby doesn't pose such the large task list of projects (although painting and getting a whole other room is a pretty big project). But since my second was a boy I had most everything I needed. 2010 became the year I really got into sewing (that being said, I am not a great sewer, but I LOVE it). So among a few sewing projects I came acrossed a couple of quilt tutorials that I thought I might tight to tackle. Only one actually got conquered, but I am happy about it. I found this tutorial and fell in love. I am not exactly one for quilts...they might make me think BLEH...and might give me a headache. But this one was modern, fun and best of all, looked pretty easy. I knew I wanted something for my boys to play on and make lots of memories together. So, ladies and gentleman, my first REAL quilt....
by no means am I a pro quilter, but I feel good having accomplished this. Next on my list a hand stitched quilt. Serious.

5 comments:

The Blanchard Family said...

That quilt turned out SO dang cute! I love it. I wish I had half the ambition you have to get fun little projects done. Maybe I will make each of my boys a quilt from your inspiration. We shall see.

Nesting with Grace said...

Love! U r serious now! I need to see that in person!

..::k.toms::.. said...

What a darling quilt!
And that plank position Miles?! I need to squeeze him!

Heather & Josh said...

Ang it turned out so cute! And welcome to the digital scrapping world! I love it, but yes I love paper more, but it is just way too expensive to make it cute!!!

Jen said...

love that quilt!! i made one really similar to it for ava's baby blanket... it is so much fun! :)