Saturday, December 13, 2008

Top 10 Reasons Why I Love Book Club

1. It forces me to read, on a deadline.
2. I am forced to read books I may not have chosen for myself, or may have never heard of before.
3. It is a great excuse to just get out with the girls.
4. We have real conversations about the books and I always walk away feeling like I learned something.
5. I get to know people I would not have otherwise met.
6. I get to know the people I already knew a even better!
7. It's an excuse to go to people's homes and steal their cute ideas...AKA Brooke.
8. I feel like I learn more about myself.
9. It makes for a great Christmas party!
10. We get to vote on other people's books so we don't wind up with anything crazy..sideways stories from wayside school anyone?

We had a fun Christmas party this week and we voted on the book selections for the upcoming year. I am excited for all of our new selections! I don't even remember what books made it, but I'm sure if you check our book club President's blog (rachel) she may have it posted. haha.

6 comments:

..::k.toms::.. said...

She's totally Book Club Prez. Love it!

Rachel said...

haha.. Self proclaimed prez!! definitely NOT a democracy.. Love book club too!!

Anonymous said...

Loved this post...So glad book club has been a success in 08! Many more years to come...You were right about Prez Tomsick already posted! So on top of it!

Nesting with Grace said...

I 2nd your thoughts (minus the brooke home ideas)! It has gotten me back into reading often. I am excited for the new books!

Sophia said...

I loooooove book club! For all those reasons and more!

Ashlie said...

I agree with you on stealing decorating ideas from other people's houses. I stole your shelves from Robert's!! Hee! hee! I wanted them so bad from Pottery Barn, but was so glad that I got to save a ton of money by painting them myself. Thanks for the idea!!