Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bare with me...

it feels like an eternity. An eternity since I last posted on my blog, an eternity since I caught up on everyone's blogs and an eternity since I have had the internet (a whopping 4 days!!). Miracle that I survived, I know. Ha! A lot has happened in the last week, so be patient as I catch up!

FIRST THINGS FIRST! Owen is WEANED. I have heard horror stories. Tales of the pain, the drama from the child that just really needs it. Not so for Owen and I. I will admit, he is still adjusting to the milk, but he likes it more and more each day. I was apprehensive that he wouldn't sleep through the night without mommies milk, but that is not the case either. It has been almost a whole week since he has nursed and I have not had one lifting of the shirt or any fits of any kind. Also, at 1 wk before turning I cut down to once a day and then just quit at about 1 and one week (a fever gave us a little set back) but I had no pain whatsoever! Thank heavens. I was DREADING another bout of Mastitis. ouch. More to come, but I just wanted to share with my fellow nursing mommies.

6 comments:

Kelly A. said...

Yay! Are you giving him whole milk in a bottle or sippy cup?

The Staheli's said...

Oh man...I totally remember being so stressed about weaning. I just knew it was going to be horrible, but thankfully our experience was similar to yours. It went MUCH smoother than I was anticipating. I'm glad it went well for you!

Sophia said...

Awesome Ang! You did such a good job, you should be very proud of yourself!

Rachel said...

YOU MADE IT!! That is so great.. Aweseom that you did it a full year, and now you can truly have your body back to yourself! Love the house!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Sounds like it went better than expected!

Kristy and Jesse Wright said...

This is good to know! I'm already nervous for that day to come! I may be asking you later how you did it?