Friday, August 22, 2008

A little music review: The Ting Tings...


I was fortunate enought to drive to Manti then Provo then Gunnison and then home all in one day. You can imagine the time I had on my hands to listen to the radio or the one cd I had with me since I forgot my ipod adapter...so after many many times around I decided I would share my latest music purchase...The Ting Tings We Started Nothing. You may remember a little ditty "Shut up and let me go" featured on an ipod commercial. When I heard it I remember liking the song: its fun and has a great beat. (The fact that they are headed by a female vocalist definately helps) Then I saw the music video, and I was in LOVE. I am fascinated by music videos and this one was beautiful. FUN. COLORFUL. 80s RETRO. BEAUTIFUL. So I purchased the album and was not dissapointed. I will say that I have a top three for the songs on this album and they go like this
1. Great DJ
2. Thats not my name
3. Shut up and let me go
this is a fun album that I did not tire of after 6 hours of driving in one day and then some. That's not my name is reminiscent of a bratty teen girl and I could swear the intro of Shut up and let me go sounds like Franz Ferdinand...but that is good. I rate it 4 out of 5 because (a) at only 10 songs I felt I need a little more. I think you can buy if from itunes for only $7.99. Definitely worth the purchase! See the video and listen here.

4 comments:

..::k.toms::.. said...

Love it!
You know who you should take a gander at? Rilo Kiley, if you haven't already?
I think you would like their CD "Under the Blacklight".
Check them out @ www.rilokiley.com and listen to one of my fav songs on their album- "Silver Lining".
The Ting Tings kinda remind me of RK. A little.

Rachel said...

I always love a good reccomend and 80s music rocks so if it has that kind of sound.. I bet it is great!

shirlene said...

Angie, I love your blog and following it on days when I can't do much more than sit at my computer really helps. You're awsome, and so glad I finally got to see Owen!!! He's amazing.

Anonymous said...

Love the music reviews....I will have to check out the Ting Tings....Good to see you last night Owen is so cute! I used to do that drive every other week! Yikes! Glad those days are over not much going on! Did you try Bear Naked Chicken in Gunnison?