Sunday, January 6, 2008

5 Weeks Old!

What nobody told me...No one told me I would be an emotional mess for weeks...months...from here on out just always? No one told me that with every milestone I would cry...he is 5 weeks and 1 day old, boohoo. No one told me that some one would say he is so big, and I wouldn't realize it. No one told me that I would forget so soon how small he once was. No one told me I would feel as if I could never do anything else again. No one told me I would feel socially backwards once I stepped out into public after being home for so long. No one told me I wouldn't want to be social anyway. No one told me that my fear of him growing too soon would pass and I would anticipate every moment of growth to come! No one told me that Owen would get more and more beautiful everyday. No one told me how much love and joy I would feel from just a grin and smile.


What an emotional month it has been. I'm feeling good and a little bit more like myself everyday. I just love my baby and I can tell you anything and everything you experience is well worth it! As for New Year's resolutions...there is just too much on my plate to really even think about what I want to do better this year...most of last was spent pregnant. All I can tell you is that I look forward to 2008. Our family has changed in a blink of an eye, it seems, even though we've been preparing for so long. This year will bring about so much joy with Owen here to bring it everyday!



14 comments:

..::k.toms::.. said...

He is darling.
Just cuddle him as much as you can, they do grow up so fast.

Heather & Josh said...

You are so amazing. How lucky little Owen is to have you for a mom. I really do mean that. I love you Ang.

Rachel said...

What a beautiful post. It took me back to those tender few weeks after JJ's birth. I wish I could've bottled it to take out when he is driving me nuts and just remenisce every now and then. Every stage is so fun though. You are such a sweet mom. I can't beleive how fleeting every moment is.

Sophia said...

I love this post it brought tears to my eyes( I think once you are a mom you are an emotional wreck forever.) What a beautiful boy! I need to snuggle soon.

Makenzie & Jordan said...

He is so cute. I can't wait to see him this weekend. Congrats!!

The Blanchard Family said...

Do you want to know why no one told you? Because it is still happening to us to. Stockton is 9 mos old and I could have written the exact same post...Some days it seems so sad and other days it is the most amazing and exciting thing to see them get big and develop! I have never been so emotionally excited but exhausted in my entire life. There is absolutely nothing like the joy of being a mom. I have said it once and I'll say it again...Ihave no idea how you can possibly love another child as much as you love the one in your arms at this moment, but of course you do. Just so you know, it doesn't get any less emotional, but you will start to feel less awkward with every day. Each and every milestone, sickness, smile, giggle, funny face at a new food, or beautiful sleeping face will bring tears to your eyes without question. After dealing with a few different crazy times in Stockton's little life with him being born so early and this recent scary sick time...you are still right about what you said, "Everything about this sweet boy is worth it and I wouldn't change a thing." Thanks for this post...of course it brought a tear to my eye!

Unknown said...

no one told me how perfect of a mom you would be, but I always knew it. I love you ang.

Stevieboy

Greg said...

Good looking kid. Takes after his mom...just kidding Steve.

Anonymous said...

Ang,
What a heart felt sweet post. Your lil one is so sweet it was great to see you for a bit this weekend, you are a trooper for bringing him down for the weekend.

Lisa B. said...

What a lovely post. I ditto what soph said--emotional wreck for the duration. but what a lot of joy! He's just beautiful.

JLH DMB said...

I'm crying...That was an amazing post. I want to print it, frame it, and give it to every mom out there. You're an amazing writer...Your talents never end Ang.

Abes and Stace said...

Steve and Angie - he is adorable! We saw your page link on Jordan and Kenzie's blog and wanted to give our congrats. Having a baby is the most amazing thing you can go through together. Hopefully we can see you guys soon!

Abram and Stacey

The Staheli's said...

He is such a sweetheart. You are doing a great job. And what everyone else said is so true...these days go by quickly. And really, the emotional stuff is just part of being a mom...that part doesn't go away so quickly. :)

Brooke said...

Seriously, these pictures are so dang cute!