Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Other Boleyn Girl....Book Club Recap

This month's read about sisters rivaling to win the affections of King Henry VIII and rise to the top to be his queen was quite the intriguing book. We had a wonderful discussion about it and I would say it was a success, although we were sad that some could not make it...NEXT TIME! Overall, we gave it an average rating of about 4 on a scale of 1-5. It was fascinating to learn of this time period and their customs with royalty and the roles men and women played. It was also interesting to read about a woman's ambition that will lead her to do anything to succeed...WOW.

We also discussed the upcoming book schedule and some things have changed....
For May we will be reading Atonement by Ian McEwan
and for July we will be reading Lovely Bones instead of Lucky by the same author.
So...please make note and hope to see you next month...also if you come to our book club and have not yet been, please come with suggestions of a book you would like to read. Thanks Soph, Kim, Ashlie, Rachel and Lindsay!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I thought it was very successful as well. THanks again for being such a great hostess. You had some great questions...

..::k.toms::.. said...

Thanks for hosting Ang!
Your home is beautiful!
And out of all the bloggers in the room, not one of us took a picture? THAT'S ODD.

The Blanchard Family said...

Sorry I didn't make it. I had to pick Stock up at my parents after work and didn't get out of there in a very timely fashion (of course.) Anything to keep Stockton around a few minutes longer...Glad to hear it went well...we'll see if I jump aboard for this next one!

Ashlie said...

Thanks again for having us over! I had a great time and absolutely love your house. I wish I was more daring with paint. It adds so much more to a home. By the way...loved the oatmeal cookies.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for hosting and it was a great time as usual. My head was swimming after I left thinking about some of the issues we discussed from the book. Looking forward to the Atonement thanks for hosting!