Wednesday, September 30, 2009

When life gives you zucchinis...

Make Zucchini Bread!
3 c flour
1 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
3 tsp cinnamon (the best part)
2 c sugar
4 c shredded zucchini
4 eggs
1 1/2 c oil
1/2 c nuts
20 cups of love...because you have to love what you make. so...don't forget this ingredient

place all dry ingredients in bowl. Make a well in cener and add other ingredients. stir until dampened. bake at 350 for 1 hour.

in the past 3 weeks I have tried a couple recipes and this one is my favorite. I love that it makes my house smell like cinnamon, therefore, fall.
My mom and aunts keep giving me these humongous zucchinis, and I keep eating them! What else do I do with them you ask? Well...
  • I slice them, salt and pepper them and sautee them in olive oil and then sprinkle with cheese (a mexican cheese similar to mozzerella)
  • I cut them up and add them to my spagetti sauce
  • I cut them up and add them to chicken stir fry
  • when I am feeling really lazy and I don't have much in the cupboards, I cut them up, steam them and add to top ramen (for me) or mac'n'cheese (for me and Owen). This way I don't feel like a complete failure. HA!

5 comments:

..::k.toms::.. said...

...or you could give some to me?
Thanks for the tips! I want to try that bread!
I LOVE FALL!

*Angie* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*Angie* said...

I love this bread! Steve

Jamie said...

mmm...sounds yummy! i think i may have to try it!

Trudy Mickelle Stanton said...

And then you add chocolate chips to the mix and it's the most delicious bread ever!!!
Also, I like to grate the zucchini and add a bit of parmesan and bread crumbs and make patties. Fry them like hashbrowns, it's delish!
Take Care!!