Tuesday, January 20, 2009

hi


One week and one day ago we came back from the glorious state that is Hawaii. We had so much fun! We went with our friends Rob 'n' Kim and greatly enjoyed their company. We went to the beach, floated on the most awesome air mattresses, snorkeled, ate lots and lots of "shave ice," went to many delicious restaurants, one of which was roys that had the best california roll everrrrr, visited the North Shore, walked a heck of a lot, saw a man made of silver, made of gold, and made of newspaper, we enjoyed beautiful sunsets and beautiful scenery, took a trip to the Dole plantation, smelled the most delicous smelling flower ever...the magnolia, mark my words I will have a magnolia tree, shrub, whatever, saw the Temple, shopped, cracked a stinky oyster for a Pearl "its a great Hawaiian tradition, and for 14.95, you too can take part," steve grew a mustache, and we relaxed and were well rested.
This was my first time away from Owen and I have to say to all of you mother's who have not done such a thing as abandon your child for a little gettaway...it is the best thing to do! It felt so nice to be relieved of my motherly duties for a short bit and I was refreshed, rejuvenated and ready to come home and be a better mother, wife, and person. I was so excited to come home and see my little boy. He just kept reaching his arms out to me. what a sweetie.
aaaah. I love hawaii.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

so glad you guys had so much fun! I agree with you about taking a break from mothering duties... recharge the batteries.

..::k.toms::.. said...

You totally out-did me on your post. How cool are your pictures? HI???? How did you do that?!
Oh and the one picture on my blog that everyone comments about is of course, the one you directed me to take. You're brilliant.
Good times! And love the fact that the gold, silver and newspaper men got honorable mentions on your blog!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great trip wish we could have joined you! Next time! LOVE Roy's one of the best Asian Fusion restaraunts around!

Brittany said...

So fun! I am quite jelous of you;)

Nesting with Grace said...

HI fun! Looks like you had fun from both of your pictures!

susan said...

Oh Man, I reaaaaallllly want to go. Lucky.